The Huntington Homeowners' Association

St. Petersburg, Florida

Board Minutes for 2023

February 19

The board of directors of the Huntington HOA met at 1:22 p.m. Sunday, February 19, immediately after the conclusion of the association’s annual meeting.

Officers: Phil Foley nominated Tim Baker to continue as treasurer. Lola Walker seconded the nomination, which was approved.

Tim Baker nominated Jackie Collom as secretary. Phil Foley seconded and the nomination passed.

Mr. Baker nominated JA Booker to continue as vice president. Mr. Foley seconded and the nomination was approved.

There were no candidates nominated for president. Mr. Booker and Pam Haigh did not attended the meeting. Mr. Baker said he would ask if either one of them would be a candidate for president.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:28 p.m.

Tim Baker


May 21

The board of directors held a regular quarterly meeting by the pool on Monday, May 21st, at 7:30pm.

Board Members Present: Jackie Collom (10), JA Booker (23), Tim Baker (16), Philip Foley (15), Gabrielle Schlichting (20), Pam Haigh (27)

Other Members Present: Lisa Palmer (9)

The meeting was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by President JA Booker (23).

Approved Agenda.

Approved minutes from annual meeting and previous quarterly board meeting.

President’s Report:

Introduction: JA Booker (23) gave an introduction, thanking board members for meeting with

him previously and being agreeable to the new day of week and time for board meetings.

Communications: Jackie Collom (10) will be sending coordinated correspondence regarding status of ongoing projects and other updates in an effort to keep everyone as informed as possible.

Actions taken since the last meeting: we have entered a gate maintenance contract with TEM, approved Unit 27’s window and door replacement, and are adding new dumpster signage with instructions for cardboard and oversized items. Phil Foley (15) expressed an interest in seeing signage at the sidewalk regarding pet waste, possibly metal signage citing city ordinance requiring pickup by pet owners. Lisa Palmer (9) has some signage she purchased on Amazon that she’ll donate as round 1 of the campaign to improve the problem.

Treasurer’s Report:

Tim Baker gave a brief report on the year’s expenditures and a few items which exceeded budgeted amounts: insurance renewal (budget: $5700, actual: $6600), water (budget: $2900, actual $3400), and cable went up unexpectedly by $1000. Water budget overage can be largely attributed to the lack of rain this year.

Wall painting project: completed for $4000 under budget.

Gate maintenance project: cost is $2000, expected to save money in the long run as that price includes 2x/yr maintenance, repairs at a discounted rate, and service calls with a maximum of 24 hour response time.

Gate electrical upgrade: placed a wire within conduit for $700.

There were also sprinkler repairs.

Old Business:

DeLinz: Lola Walker (21) has arranged for two service persons from DeLinz to clean our dryer vents Thursday, May 25th. It will cost about $2500. Lola was unable to attend the meeting but Gabrielle Schlichting (20) spoke on her behalf that it should go much more quickly this year with two service persons.

Landscaping: JA Booker asked for feedback on the landscaping services and there were some complaints about blowing direction into some patios, lack of attention to bushes, and leaf accumulation under the ficus tree with no removal. Pam Haigh (27) recommended a special project for landscaping to resolve overgrowth issues and develop a long term plan. This will involve a planning committee, which Pam is interested in being part of.

New Business:

Unit 1 window replacement: the current proposal has issues with grid layout and other problems. Anderson is working on revisions to the plan, and the board will wait to approve until the new plan is available for review.

Garage door painting: Tim Baker has gotten pricing on doing so at $100/garage door. Phil Foley asked that we consider painting all green doors (i.e. front and back doors) at the same time since many of those are also fading and would be part of the painting project slated for 2026 anyway. Tim believes it may be more affordable to paint all of the doors now rather than waiting for costs to go up and include them in the paint project in 2026. He also suggested announcing prior to the next meeting that we will be discussing this to allow for additional input. Our current bid is good until the fall.

Volunteers to walk property for rot/damage assessment: JA Booker asked for volunteers to walk the property and conduct an assessment; Tim, JA, and Pam will do so.

Brick repair: Jackie Collom asked Tim if there was any brick work scheduled as she has issues in her patio that she’d like to have resolved when there is a larger job to piggyback on. Tim will add that to their assessment walk through.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:24 pm.

Jackie Collom,